Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Cold Run

Last night was my last exam for the first semester. This means I got 3 weeks off. Yay!
No. Not weeks off. I work during those days. I work out during those days. No time off for me.
These 15 days are to fix the damage done to my body from less sleep than required, muffin-a-day diet, and other things that a full-time student is bound to.
Know what? It was kinda nice. By running out, I felt something I hadn't felt before: that of breaking a limit of mine. Running in the cold? Me? Back in Colombia this would be crazy.
I dressed in layers. I got some tight underpants and undershirt, and wore those under my old cammo pants. For my torso, I wore that undershirt (athletic works, kind of a nylon/spandex thinger), a nylon shirt to help release heat and sweat, and a sweater.
My music broke at the beginning, but it's alright. I could still endure the run.
This is possible. I thought it wasn't.
I thought I needed months of conditioning before running in the cold. Maybe I am already that conditioned, but what the heck. I'm happy. I have to make the most I can out of these 3 weeks.
It's the only time I'll get for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment